Windows System Administrator Job at Inco Consultancy in London
This role is responsible for the day to day running of the infrastructure for London office and for resolving help desk issues raised by employees.
Windows System Administrator will work within the system-admin team, based in the London office. This role will assist on global infrastructure projects and take the lead on some more localised projects.
Located next to good transport links in the heart of London Bridge you will work in an environment which fosters a meritocratic culture and encourages ownership, and you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in their field.
- Support the day to day operation of the infrastructure.
- Guarantee that all ICT systems, cloud infrastructure and applications are secure, and conform to corporate policies.
- Automating key processes.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Recommending and Improving the life-cycle of systems and services within the department.
- Monitor the sys-admin escalation queue and respond to issues in a timely and appropriate manner, ensuring that employees receive an excellent service.QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- A good understanding and demonstrable experience of supporting Wintel environments particularly the latest Windows Server editions and Active Directory.
- Knowledge and experience in setup and configuration cloud systems and storage. Also any major vendors such as Azure, AWS, etc.
- Working knowledge of windows configuration management, SCCM or PowerShell DSC.
- Administration of the Office 365 Suite. Understanding of mail server and SMTP principles.
- Deployment and topology configuration experience of Skype for business Server/Online, Teams or Lync 2013 Server.
- Experience in deploying/managing large VMware vSphere environments and datacenter clusters.
- Good understand and experience in disaster recovery and backup technologies.
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP and networking.
- Knowledge of monitoring system.
- Basic understanding of Cloud Services. (Azure or AWS)
- Although not essential, the following qualifications are desirable and demonstrate the necessary technical skills for this position: Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00 to £45,000.00 /year
- Windows System Administrator: 4 years (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: Inco Consultancy
Company Location: London