VP, IT Delivery, Corporate Groups Job at Bell Canada – in Toronto, ON
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell’s communications services for businesses and consumers. We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
VP, IT Delivery, Corporate Groups
The Vice President (VP) of IT, Corporate Groups, leads a dynamic team of six Directors and 70 team members, supporting Corporate Services, Legal and Regulatory and Finance groups. Managing a significant capital budget, the VP is responsible for supporting programs that drive strategic and transformational initiatives, to establish efficiencies across the organization, and improve employee engagement. Core programs that are led by the VP include Finance, Collaboration, SAP, Data Privacy and HR/Employee Experience.
Job Duties/ Accountabilities:
- Modernize end of life systems across the organization, and align with end state IT target architecture
- Explore opportunities to modernize disparate Finance applications, considering consolidation where possible
- Further automate billing interfaces and capital lease management processes to reduce manual effort and optimize workflows and controls
- Integrate financial systems of newly acquired organizations into Bell’s SAP platform
- Deliver system changes to satisfy collective agreement, payroll updates and tax changes
- Build and upgrade SAP corporate systems network, storage, backup, and server topology to ensure resiliency, high availability, and business continuity.
- Enhance employee experience by introducing a new collaboration platform and ongoing enhancements, so that employees can connect and communicate across teams
- Implement tools for employees to safely return to work spaces in a post-pandemic environment, such as a reservation tool for employees to book hoteling workspaces, and move documents sharing to online
- Lead IT Data Privacy program on behalf of BCE and its affiliates, to ensure compliance with upcoming Consumer Privacy Protection Act (CPPA)
- Lead personalization on the “Ask HR” portal and expand chatbot functionality
- Implement mobile-first solutions to allow employees to access tools and services from their mobile devices anywhere
- Onboard affiliates with access to Bell’s internal network to Ask HR and Bellnet
Critical Qualifications/ Competencies:
- Post-secondary education in Technology, Business Administration, Commerce or Marketing – MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in a leadership role within IT
- Demonstrated experience with large ERP platforms (specifically SAP) would be considered an asset
- Significant relevant technical experience in the delivery of complex projects
- Outstanding ability to build and nurture relationships and communicate detailed technical issues up, across and down the organization
- Ability to manage multiple vendor relationships within a single project including price, schedule and scope negotiations
- Strong Business acumen with a deep understanding of the telecommunications industry
- Experience leading both large and multi-department teams with the ability to influence high performing teams and advocate at the senior leadership table
- Act as a strategic leader in the business with a focus on executing corporate initiatives and programs
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to drive a unified strategy/ vision
- Advanced technical proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, ie: Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Office
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with aggressive deadlines
- Reflect a high degree of professionalism, uncompromising integrity and business ethics
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 10/29/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at [email protected]
Created: Canada, ON, Toronto
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.
About the Company
Company: Bell Canada –
Company Location: Toronto, ON