Sr Materials Program Manager Job at Amazon.com Services LLC – 3.6 in Seattle, WA
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience in materials and equipment management
- Experience working with engineering and supply chain partners to define requirements and materials needs.
Amazon is focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees while continuing to serve people who need our services more than ever. Regular testing on a global scale across all industries would both help keep people safe and help get the economy back up and running. But, for this to work, we as a society would need vastly more testing capacity than is currently available. Unfortunately, today we live in a world of scarcity where COVID-19 testing is heavily rationed. Until we have an effective vaccine available in billions of doses, high-volume testing capacity would be of great help, but getting that done will take collective action by NGOs, companies, and governments.
The Sr Materials Program Manager (MPM) is responsible for the management and delivery of the program’s financial health (BOM+MVA, tooling) for our services. This person has a business orientation and is responsible for working within the local and remote operations, engineering and software teams driving development, implementation and management of the program budget and schedule. This person is the business voice responsible for capturing, documenting and communicating financial exposures and outlay as it relates to their product. They are involved throughout all stages of the product family’s lifecycle to ensure the laboratory meets financial and schedule milestone targets. They will support weekly executive product line reviews outlining performance against budget, target and actual cost, and schedule. In this role, you will:
- Work with engineering and the supply chain team to set program cost and schedule targets at a commodity level for new lab launches.
- Work with diverse Amazon groups to coordinate activities and mitigate issues a minimum amount of escalations to executives.
- Track the program actual costs and milestones versus target to identify program deltas and corrective actions to bring back on track.
- Attend and lead program new product introduction meetings to understand the cost implication of engineering and/or process changes as related to your product fully loaded cost targets.
- Work with 3rd Party suppliers to set your product purchase order cost for the upcoming period.
- Manage purchase price variance claims and schedule delays resulting from engineering changes, component obsolescence or forecast variance.
- Drive the supply chain and operations team to provide detailed cost reduction forecast that enable you to meet and exceed your program goals.
- Work with Global engineering team to ensure predictable, accurate forecasts for your products.
- Host weekly executive management cost reviews that deep dive through every aspect of your product cost and schedule.
- Master’s degree preferred and/or bachelor’s degree in bio/medical field & 7+ years experience.
- Working knowledge of medical lab technologies, products and tools preferable. Experience in building out/managing large-scale facilities, including capital equipment, labor, material and capacity planning. Experience setting up certified facilities highly preferred, including FDA, CLIA, ISO. Ability to setup a BOM from scratch, including define a consumables strategy.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Agile experience preferred
- Ability to prioritize tasks and maximize internal resources
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
About the Company
Company: Amazon.com Services LLC – 3.6
Company Location: Seattle, WA