Senior IT Security Advisor – Toronto Job at CGI Inc – in Toronto, ON
Must be eligible for security clearance ( 5 years in Canada)
Join us and put your career into high-gear!
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the Managed Security Services (MSS) team as a Senior Information Technology Security Advisor. This position is in the Toronto area.
The successful candidates is a Senior IT Security professional who will be the security prime for one or more enterprise clients. The Security Advisor is a key member of the service delivery team working with clients and internal CGI technical teams to ensure that the overall security requirements are met as well as to continually evolve the security roadmap with the client.
The successful candidate has experience working directly with clients, especially at the management level, possesses a deep understanding of enterprise level infrastructure, and is able to pull together technical experts from various teams. The Security Advisor is a self-starter who works effectively with minimal supervision in a highly dynamic environment.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Technical security lead for one or more enterprise level clients; becomes a trusted advisor to clients.
- Develop a solid operational understanding of the client’s environment and security services and security requirements, including the operation of each business service and how security services have been implemented across the infrastructure.
- Works effectively with all CGI teams that are part of the service delivery and has a solid knowledge base of the infrastructure configuration as it pertains to the security components (e.g. Firewall, VPN, IDS/IPS, SIEM).
- Provides security advice and guidance to clients, including senior management.
- Works with clients and CGI Security and Operations teams for implementation of new or updated security technologies and services.
- Coordinates vulnerability assessment and remediation actions to ensure vulnerabilities are remediated on a regular basis as defined by the client.
- Validates baseline security configurations for the network and systems as required
- Assists the Security Operations team as required with investigation and remediation activities for security incidents as defined by the Incident Management process.
- Works with clients to assist as required with creation and updates to security standards, policies, and procedures and manages changes to policies and procedures.
- Works with clients and CGI Audit and Compliance teams to support audit requirements.
- Performs control and vulnerability assessments to identify control weaknesses and assess the effectiveness of existing controls, and recommends remedial action.
- Given the nature of this role, occasional after-hours work may be necessary.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of directly related IT experience with at least five (5) years of security experience.
- Must have previous experience providing advice and guidance to clients and/or senior management
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and experience communicating effectively with clients, vendors and colleagues.
- Experience presenting technical information to clients, explaining how it meets their needs and the balance of ensuring security.
- Understanding of security policies, procedures and meeting audit/compliance requirements.
- Teamwork skills for cross-group cooperation.
- Working knowledge of various network and security technologies such as: Intrusion Prevention/Detection, File Integrity Monitoring, Firewall, VPN, Securing Routers/Switch, Vulnerability Management, Patch Management, Log Management, End Point Security and Strong Authentication.
- Analytical skills and the ability to understand complexities and how components connect and relate to each other.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to write clear and concise security documentation.
- Self-motivated; ability to work with limited supervision.
- Excellent time-management skills; ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to deal with aggressive timelines and the associated pressure.
- Ability to speak and write clearly in fluent English.
- Ability to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance of Enhanced Reliability.
- Security certifications such as: CISSP, CISM, ISO27001LI.
- Experience overseeing a vulnerability management program/service.
- Experience conducting requirements analysis and architecting complex technical solutions.
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
About the Company
Company: CGI Inc –
Company Location: Toronto, ON