Project Manager, IT Job at Grant Thornton – in Toronto, ON
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
We are looking for a Project Manager in our growing firm to lead a number of important initiatives. You’ll have a chance to expand your skills in managing projects, and developing new processes and capabilities for our colleagues across Canada.
This is a unique opportunity to collaborate with key stakeholders and help build our future technology environment. It’s a chance to tap into your knowledge, passion and deep experience; a chance to contribute meaningfully to our purpose – to help our clients, colleagues and communities thrive.
As a Project Manager you will:
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring both business and technical feasibility
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage resource availability and allocation
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project budget
- Track and report progress and escalate to management as needed
- Take corrective action and resolve issues as they surface
- Manage the relationship with stakeholders and expectations
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Work with the leadership team to ensure an alignment with the business strategy and key project deliverables
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Project Manager? Like the colour purple? Great. Here’s a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- 10+ years of project management experience, with focus on IT cloud infrastructure, software integration, and information security
- Proficient at managing business or technology projects, including organizational change management components (training and communications).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills with the ability to influence a variety of stakeholders
- Solid organizational skills with an ability to multitask
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business or equivalent work experience
- Resourceful and innovative, and strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Collaborative, communicative and energizing management style
- Experience with a professional services firm is an asset
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
Grant Thornton LLP supports the spirit and principles of Employment Equity and is committed to maintaining an environment which is perceived to be fair and non-discriminatory. We welcome applications from designated group members – Women, Visible Minorities, Aboriginals and Persons with Disabilities and accommodations are available for Persons with Disabilities taking part in any aspect of our selection/hiring process. Should you require any accommodation during the recruitment process or otherwise, please notify us of this via [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
About the Company
Company: Grant Thornton –
Company Location: Toronto, ON