Network Support Engineer Job at TechConnect Corporation in Calgary, AB
TechConnect Corporation, Alberta’s premier telecommunications services company is expanding our Network Engineering and Design practice. We are looking to add an intermediate network Engineer to our team.
We are looking for a great network engineer that can build presentations, execute on product demonstrations, and educate customers on the best ways to leverage networking and security technology.
TechConnect Engineers are customer advocates and are skilled to discern technical needs through engagement and then educate through presenting solutions that target those needs.
NOTE: This position requires the successful applicant to be resident in Calgary Alberta Canada.
As a Network Design Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing complex network designs and changes. You will be involved in creating network solutions, high and low level design documentation, migration plans and/or new solution implementations. Our Engineering staff are unique in having both strong technical aptitude and keen business insight. If this describes you and you are looking for a career opportunity where you can utilize both of these honed skills then maybe this is an opportunity for you.
- Support the sales team in helping customers understand how they can benefit from TechConnect solutions and service offerings
- Understand customer requirements and communicate the business value of solving business challenges problems using technology
- Execute the delivery of POCs for customers that have more complex use cases & collaborating with other engineering resources both internally and externally
- Craft technical content to show customers how to implement specific use cases or standard methodologies for new technologies
- Distill and communicate customer needs and product feedback to our vendor partners, peers and management
- Executing network cut overs after hours is common
- 3 to 5+ years of Network Design and Architecture Experience
- A minimum of 3 years of Network Implementation and Operation Experience
- Juniper Junos familiarity, strong Wifi accumen
- A passion to serve the customer with experience in customer-facing roles
ie: consulting or support, ideally sales engineering
- An ability to communicate complex ideas around a technical topic in terms that are easily understood by users
- Experience with Juniper/Cisco/Nokia/ IP/MPLS, Aruba/Cisco/Meraki WIFI, Fortinet/Palo Alto Network Security
- Elite communicator & Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly skilled and experienced audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or a comparable field
- Extensive knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies within large scale enterprise network environments including but not limited to IP/MPLS, BGP, OSPF, Static Routing, VRF, L2VPN, VRRP, STP, VLAN
- Experience in defining, executing, and managing project related activities.
- Fluent in English
- Team Player
- Experience in large scale Enterprise and Carrier Telecom environments
- Working knowledge of municipal and civil policies and procedures
- Knowledge of accepted engineering standards and practices to provision the network
- Knowledge of outside plant analog and digital technologies
- Knowledge of fiber optic infrastructure
- Knowledge of engineering processes and regulatory policies in use
- Detailed engineering knowledge of a suite of design systems and tools including AutoCAD (GIS), Visio etc.
- Demonstrated ability to produce designs based on sound engineering economic analysis and following guidelines established by network standards
- Demonstrated ability to think ‘outside the box’ to produce solutions that meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Demonstrated ability in planning and organizing to meet scheduled deadlines
- Must follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules & regulations
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta (APEGA), currently or on-track
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- Extended health care
- Flexible working hours
- Subsidised gym membership
- Dental care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Company events & social hours
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 to $100,000.00 /month
- Network Engineering: 3 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- English – Primary Language (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: TechConnect Corporation
Company Location: Calgary, AB