Junior Network Administrator Job at triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. in Mississauga, ON
MAJOR PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Junior Network Administrator’s role is to ensure the operational integrity of triOS Corporation’s computer and network infrastructure. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, monitoring and optimizing all systems and network hardware, software, and communication links. The person will also analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Actively participate in the technical support of staff and students via telephone (support queue), email, and direct contact.
- Actively maintain triOS Corporation servers, and network day-to-day basis including but not limited to patching, performance monitoring, turning, etc. in conjunction with other IT department members.
- Maintain an inventory and awareness of the various pieces of equipment in the field and evaluate them periodically for functionality and capability.
- Research both threats and opportunities within our network and develop plans to combat or exploit those discoveries.
- Troubleshoot and resolve/repair computer and network hardware and software issues.
- Coordinate and quality control PC/server repairs performed by campus student IT staff, vendors (ex. Dell), etc.
- Provide occasional initial-contact technical support to staff and students.
- Provide second level support on escalated issues.
- Assist IT staff in campus and facilities-management related tasks (ex. classroom builds, field computer repair, campus IT special requests, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Network Support Services.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge on Microsoft infrastructure and desktop technologies including: MS Operating Systems (client and server); Office 365/Azure AD Administration; file system security and ACL; active directory and group policy management; MS messaging and communications platforms (Exchange, Office365); server virtualization (MS Hyper-V, SCVMM); MS SQL server and IIS experience is an asset; MS Office applications (MOS certification is an asset); Powershell scripting experience is an asset
- Knowledge of network fundamentals including: network routing configuration, management, optimization; wired and wireless data transfer fundamentals (802.11 a/b/g/n, VLAN, Switch Management); firewall and proxy configuration and management
- Ability to work well with one’s hands: maintenance and repair of desktop computers, servers, etc.; assembling/disassembling office furniture (specifically classroom desks, etc.); all aspects of network cabling (running, crimping, validating, etc.)
- Strong administrative, organizational and problem solving skills
- Effective professional presentation (speaking, writing, employee interactions, etc.)
- Knowledge of backup systems and cybersecurity best practices (preferred)
- Post-secondary education/college diploma in Information/Technology
- Industry recognized certifications, specifically Microsoft (preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in the Information Technology field and administrative experience in a comparable business environment
- Customer focused and service oriented
- Friendly, outgoing and approachable
- Organized and resourceful
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work under time pressures while maintaining a good working attitude
- Self-motivated with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong self-management skills
- Flexible, creative and enthusiastic
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Maintains confidentiality of information
- Diplomatic, problem solver
- Manual dexterity and coordination
- Willingness to travel to all triOS locations
- Fluent English communication skills
- Moderate to significant physical demand – regular to constant periods of standing, walking, reaching, stooping and lifting of heavy objects
- Support of the various campuses will require travel to our campus locations throughout Ontario
- A reliable vehicle, personal credit card, and valid provincial driver’s license is required
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo and provide acceptable criminal record check
HOURS OF WORK:
This position is a permanent full-time opportunity. Hours of work will be 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
The scheduled start for this opportunity is immediate.
Accommodations are available for applicants throughout the recruitment process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- information technology: 3 years (Required)
- administrative: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Required)
About the Company
Company: triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc.
Company Location: Mississauga, ON