IT Support Technician Job at AGAT Laboratories in Calgary, AB
AGAT Laboratories is a full-service laboratory with locations across Canada. We are the most diversified laboratory in Canada and our scientists are highly-skilled and specialized in the fields of biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, geology, engineering and other specialty services. With a broad range of staff experience and state-of-the-art instrumentation, we provide cross-analytical solutions for the Environmental, Energy, Mining, Transportation, Industrial, Agri-food and Life Sciences sectors.
IT Support Technician
We are looking for an experienced Support Technician to provide efficient support for our internal network and laboratory operations. This position is based in Calgary, AB and will provide support for local and remote staff throughout Canada and beyond as needed.
· Provide technical support for network infrastructure, computers, printers, and various proprietary software applications as well as managing and deploying computer images
· Good technical knowledge and ability to dispense technical information to a wide range of end-users
· Proficient with ticketing, monitoring and asset IT management systems
· Enjoy working within a fast paced, multi-tasking team environment
· Demonstrate escalation best practice, time management as well as follow-up skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills is required
· Responsive/flexible attitude to meet operational business needs
· Able to sit/stand for extended periods; move/lift related equipment to and from sites
· Work on ladders and/or at heights
· Be a member of the after-hours on-call rotation as an emergency technician
· Preference will be given to applicants with a reliable personal vehicle
· Willing to use personal cell phone for business use. A phone allowance will be provided
· Some travel between business locations may be required
· Other daily duties may be added and/or assigned as needed
· Suitable candidates should have a strong knowledge in current MS Server, Active Directory, and Hypervisor platforms.
· Experience with office 365 and advanced anti-virus/ransomware protection software including understanding security AI technology.
· As an added benefit, candidates possessing firewall management skills, understanding of PowerShell scripting, knowledge of NOC systems monitoring software as well as cyber-security training and awareness would be a considerable asset.
AGAT Laboratories would like to thank all applicants, however only candidates selected to interview will be contacted.
AGAT Laboratories is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. If contacted for a job opportunity or testing, please advise the hiring manager of the accommodation measures required to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in AGAT Laboratories.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Dental care
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- IT Support: 1 year (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: AGAT Laboratories
Company Location: Calgary, AB