IT Project Manager Job at GLOBAL SOLUTIONS – 3.8 in Warren, MI
Position: IT Project Manager
Place of performance: Warren, MI 48088-3896
Period of performance: 12-36 months
The primary purpose of the Project Manager role is to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of single or multiple projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints that may be clearly defined or may require dynamic change management to deliver business value.
The College will accept bids for a bench of project management staff from which it can select candidates on a project-by-project basis AND single, general IT discipline individuals who can manage multiple projects.
Preference will be given to those located in southeastern Michigan in order to facilitate in-person meetings when/if necessary.
Primary Responsibilities and Activities
- Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, resource limitations and appropriate process for accomplishing projects.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required activities and tasks.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle and confer with project staff to outline work plan.
- Establish work plan and staffing for project activities, iterations or phases, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Implement project communication plan.
- Perform risk assessment and implement mitigation plans.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure that the project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Establish standards and procedures for project reporting and documentation.
Project management training and certification is desirable, but not required as long as experience demonstrates this competency.
- Three or more years of IT experience, with sensitivity and commitment to cross enterprise problem solving and coordination in an environment where this role may not directly control resources
- A minimum of two years of demonstrated competency in a junior or assistant project management role involving the execution of multiple projects or a large project
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team
- Demonstrated experience and ability in successfully using “soft skills” or “people skills”
Knowledge and Skills
- Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment where this role may not directly control resources
- Ability to lead and motivate others; demonstrating empathy and knowledge of personality types
- Well versed with project management methodologies and project-planning tools
- Demonstrated sensitivity to working in a political environment and to interacting with senior leadership
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Distinctive blend of business, IT, financial and communication skills, because this is a highly visible position with substantial impact
- Strong knowledge and understanding of higher education business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a project resource plan that ensures that the right people are in the right place doing the right things at the right time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60.00 – $65.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Warren, MI: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: GLOBAL SOLUTIONS – 3.8
Company Location: Warren, MI