IT Field Engineer Job at Wiltshire Police – in Devizes
Here at Wiltshire Police we are on an exciting journey with our new ICT Department. We have brand new Police ICT infrastructure built on the Microsoft technical stack and new networks, end user compute devices and management tools. We are now seeking to recruit the right people to form part of the Service Operations Team, to deliver and develop our services to enable policing for Wiltshire.
We need team players with enthusiasm and provide a customer-focussed ICT service to our colleagues.
The rewards go beyond just doing your job well. You will be working as a vital member of the first and oldest Constabulary in the country, enabling officers and staff to serve protect our communities.
Reporting to the Service Desk Operations Manager, the post holder’s key responsibilities’ will include;
- Working as a mobile field engineer at remote sites with regular travel between locations.
- To ensure that that user incidents, service requests and problems are resolved working in accordance with the ICT team ethos.
- To maintain good practice (incident management, problem solving, customer service, etc.) across the team including documentation
- To maintain effective asset management through defined processes, ensuring that they are aligned with the Force approach to asset management.
- To maintain a knowledgebase to capture and re-use information on resolutions and workarounds.
- To identify problems from common incidents and ensure that they are fed through the appropriate channels for further consideration.
- Provide additional support at fixed locations such as the ICT Hub as required.
- To ensure SLA targets are achieved.
- To support the ICT Managers in the event of a major incident and contribute to major incident reports with root cause analysis and remedial/preventative actions.
- To build and maintain effective working relationships with and across the department, force and partners.
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the nature, level of responsibility and grading of this post, as required.
Wiltshire Police recognise the important of our employees’ health, well being and work life balance. Where possible we endeavour to accommodate the needs of our staff and welcome applications for those wanting a more flexible approach to working patterns.
To apply, please submit your CV and a Cover Letter via the apply button.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £29,298.00-£30,822.00 per year
About the Company
Company: Wiltshire Police –
Company Location: Devizes