Infrastructure Analyst – IT Job at Sphere Recruitment Solutions in Calgary, AB
Sphere is currently seeking an IT Infrastructure Analyst for a permanent position in our client’s Calgary office.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Administer Hyper-V environment including Hyper-V hosts, Failover Cluster, performance tuning, and maintenance of Virtual Machines.
- Manage data backups
- Work with team lead to design, install and configure internal and client facing servers, network devices and firewalls.
- Active directory management
- Monitor applications for availability and performance.
- Administer and Manage Email Systems.
- Capacity Planning and asset Life cycle management of al IT assets
- Meet with the IT manager, other team members and business Stakeholders to discuss new system requirements, specifications and timelines.
- Effectively communicate relevant IT-related information to the IT manager, Team Lead and other business units.
- Understand how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Perform other duties as required
- Providing solutions that aligns with business goals of the organization
- Challenge legacy practices and always looking for Continuous Improvement and innovationRequired Skills
- A team player who values honesty, ethics, integrity with a people first approach
- Understanding of SAN technologies Fiber Channel, ISCSI etc.
- Strong networking skills (TCP/IP /DNS/DHCP/PXE), Fortinet/ Palo Alto firewalls, HP switching, VPLS, routing, VPN, etc.
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012R2 and above. Remote Desktop Services, Remote Desktop Application in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP GPO, DFS, replication, PowerShell.
- Managing Microsoft Exchange 2016
- SharePoint farm administration
- Familiar with mobility device management and IOS devices
- Strong understanding of how a large, geographically dispersed enterprise environment operates to provide stability and reliability to the business.Required Experience
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of general IT experience and be at an intermediate level in managing Servers, Network, firewall and business applications
- 5 Years of IT Infrastructure Experience (Network Server, Security, SAN, Firewall, Business Applications)
- 5 years of experience with Palo Alto, Fortinet Firewalls
- 5 Years of HP infrastructure experience, Server Enclosures, Server Blades, Virtual Connect and Procurve
- Experience with Veeam Backup, Replication, and Backup Exec.
- Experience with Symantec Enterprise Vault – administration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange 2010 or 2016 and DAG
- Experience with SharePoint 2016 administration
- Experience with scripting technologies such PowerShell
- Understanding and experience with virtualized environments running on Windows Hyper-V cluster
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $78,000.00 /year
- IT infrastructure: 4 years (Preferred)
About the Company
Company: Sphere Recruitment Solutions
Company Location: Calgary, AB