Field Network System Administrator Job at Adaptek Systems Inc in Ottawa, ON
Adaptek Systems Inc is looking for a Junior field Network System Administrator to maintain and enhance our client’s IT environment. The candidate will need to travel to client’s office to support and maintain their IT infrastructure. We are looking for a dynamic person that is hard working, with social skills and that will consider client site as if it was their own. We need a team member that is proactive and will do the job once and do it right.
· PC hardware and software installation, including Microsoft Windows Servers 2008 to 2016, Exchange Server 2007 to 2016, Office 365, workstations and networking devices;
· A keen ability to diagnose technical issues such as virtual environments built on VMware and all Microsoft core business applications;
· Install, configure and provide remote and onsite support to client environments;
· Knowledge of Enterprise Anti-Virus solutions;
· Participate in planning, coordinating, and implementation of project requirements;
· Develop and maintain documentation and information, e.g. network diagrams, typologies, contact information, etc. ;
· Troubleshooting in both onsite and remote environments.
· Strong Systems Administration skills with Microsoft Windows Servers and Workstations;
· Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP and group policies;
· Experience with Microsoft Office and related applications;
· Experience supporting remote control solutions (Terminal Services, TeamViewer, GotoAssist, etc.);
· Strong organizational skills;
· Exceptional troubleshooting skills;
· Capable of working with a team but also does well alone;
· The ability to learn new technology and how to implement them;
· Self-motivated Technician with a passion for IT.
· The ability to multi-task and work under pressure
· Great English communications skills mandatory. French communications skills will be considered as an asset skill.
· Valid driver’s license with access to own vehicle.
· A minimum of a college diploma.
· Must be living in the Ottawa/Gatineau area and ready to start quickly.
· Professional IT Certifications are not mandatory but will be considered as an asset
This is a 15+ week temporary job offer that can be extended longer and eventually be a permanent job with benefits. The candidate will be working at least 3 times a week at one specific client and the remainder of the week at Adaptek.
Salary will be based on experience and knowledge.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $20.00 to $30.00 /hour
About the Company
Company: Adaptek Systems Inc
Company Location: Ottawa, ON