Director of IT Job at Contemporary Office Interiors Ltd in Calgary, AB
Job Title: Director of ITReports To: CFOPrepared Date: January 2020
As a privately-owned Herman Miller certified dealer and commercial flooring provider, we prioritize people, productivity and value to create more than a place to work— we create a space to succeed.
Our passion is creating a better world for all of us. We work for the health and wellbeing of our customers, our employees, the environment, and the community. We do all this by providing furnishings and related services that improve the human experience, wherever people work, heal, learn, and live. In the end, the solutions we invent help our customers’ organizations (and our own) perform better.
Under indirect supervision, installs, maintains, tests, and repairs systems and networks. Utilizes intermediate technical knowledge to implement and support IT initiatives. Provides technical support and resolves problems of a moderately complex nature.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs general problem solving and assistance on diverse software applications and hardware systems for users.
- Performs varied technical assistance and maintenance duties; maintains and updates record keeping system; documents projects; writes and maintains user instructions.
- Coordinates, maintains, and inputs applicable records such as, but not limited to, network users, security, and tracking inventory levels of equipment and materials.
- Performs moderately advanced technological systems support, maintenance, and testing for proper upkeep of systems; troubleshoot and resolve moderately complex system hardware, software, and network failures and conflicts.
- Participates in the review, evaluation and recommendation of solutions relating to hardware and software acquisitions and/or network updates.
- Participates in research and development initiatives and provides assistance in the implementation of new technologies.
- Performs the installation, configuration and maintenance of computers, workstations and other related equipment and devices.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to technology, equipment, and standards
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Be responsive and respectful to end-user’s concerns, questions, and problems
- Deal with issues related to
- Mobile Devices
- General software troubleshooting
- Monitoring tools N Able, MSP Anywhere & RMM * Server support
- Deal with issues related to corporate infrastructure
- Server Hardware
- Meraki Networking & Security skills: Firewalls/NAT, VPN, VLANs, WIFI, DNS, SMTP * Wireless Access Points
- Storage Arrays * Software
- Experience working with, and understanding of Microsoft Operating Systems, including Active Directory Administration, the use of global policies, DNS, DCHP
- Maintain systems policies and software to protect the network environment and data from external breaches and viruses
- Experience working with, and understanding of Microsoft Office Products, especially Office365
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft SQL and MySQL
- General software troubleshooting
- Manage user licenses for various software applications
- Patching both desktops and servers Experience with Microsoft Office, Design programs Auto Cad, CET, Veeam, Cylance * Other Technologies
- AV Equipment and Technologies
- Install, troubleshoot and support
- Help source, manage and troubleshoot both mobile and landline communication technologies and licenses
- Internet Service
- Help source, manage and troubleshoot all WAN connection technologies and their associated hardware
- Asset Management & equipment procurement
- Foundational knowledge of Microsoft technologies, networking, backup and other infrastructure platforms
- Experience with and understanding of virtualization technologies, including Hyper V Cluster and Terminal Server
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain and keep current all network documentation and diagrams * Able to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility including out of hours working
- Able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- Self-motivation and able to take responsibility
- Able to manage, prioritize tasks and time efficiently
- Passion for technology and learning
- Easygoing, hardworking, team focused attitude
Education and/or Experience
5+ recent years’ System Administrator experience with Post-secondary diploma, certificate or degree in an IT-related discipline
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Management: 5 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
About the Company
Company: Contemporary Office Interiors Ltd
Company Location: Calgary, AB