Developer, HANA & Analytics (Infrastructure) Job at SAP – in Vancouver, BC
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Developer, HANA and Analytics (Infrastructure)
City: Vancouver, British Columbia, CA, V6B 1A9
The Data Management and Platform Infrastructure organization is looking for people to help with our next generation cloud-based platform. Are you a passionate individual who wants an opportunity to learn new things while honing your skills using leading edge technologies for Cloud, Big Data, and SAP HANA ? Do you thrive in a team with strong engineers to learn from and where all members of the engineering team, including management are close to the code and making technical contributions? If so, then this is the right job for you! Help us shape the future.
This role is part of the Data Management and Platform Infrastructure organization where we work with the latest cloud and infrastructure technologies, such as Cloud Foundry / AWS / Azure / AliCloud / Docker / Kubernetes / SAML SSO, OAuth, Microservices etc. We contribute to SAP Analytics Cloud’s success by producing software, services and API’s that are robust, reliable and scalable.
Our team is focused on back-end topics involving instance lifecycle topics – auto-provisioning of new instances, remote configuration, transfer of data between systems and datacenters, are some of the topics we work on a daily basis to ensure that the product growth is not impeded by any scaling issues at the infrastructure level.
Come join us if you think you can thrive in such an environment, and you have the necessary skills and experience.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Because we work on the cutting edge, we need someone who is eager to learn, a creative problem solver, resourceful in getting things to work and productive working independently or collaboratively. In your average week, you will:
- Collaboratively design new features in a team environment that extends to colleagues in remote locations and from Product Management and User Experience teams.
- Work closely with our engineering and operations team to build, integrate, test and deploy your amazing innovations and algorithms into our production systems.
- Assess new technology projects and tools or migrate our environment to new versions to keep up with the rapid pace of change.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or Engineering
- A solid foundation of Java & Python coding skills
- Experience building amazing Restful APIs and maintaining micro-services in a distributed architecture
- Cloud Native development technologies and typically used software and architecture on Cloud platforms like AWS, Cloud Foundry, or Azure
- Working knowledge of data structures, algorithms and principles of OO design
- Understanding of databases and web application servers
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently and have a positive self-motivated can-do attitude
Bonus if you have experience with:
- ETL operations using Apache Airflow
- Event-based communications via message queues
- Building SQL queries
- CI/CD pipeline implementation using Jenkins
- Building containerized applications using Kubernetes, Docker
- Building software that must scale to thousands of users concurrently
- Working knowledge of Scrum, Test Driven Development, performance testing or data correctness/integrity testing
- Source control systems such as GIT
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience developing web applications (can include internship or co-op experience)
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected]
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:314568 | Work Area: Software-Development Operations | Expected Travel: 0 – 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time |
About the Company
Company: SAP –
Company Location: Vancouver, BC