Desktop Administrator/ Security Administrator Job at Bitflow Innovative Group – in Detroit, MI
To administer data access and application security across multiple computing platforms to protect corporate data resources from unauthorized access.
This job’s responsibilities may include task assignment to support, administer, or access systems, which contractually may require ADP II Public Trust Access Level. Eligibility for ADP Clearance requires US Citizenship.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
1. Establishes user profiles, creates and administers user security passwords and access to multiple applications, operating systems, files, and computing platforms; as well as assists and trains system users in the use of security measures.
2. Creates, modifies, and troubleshoots multi-platform accounts.
3. Administers and troubleshoots advanced Internet/intranet access issues and all FTP, SFTP, CITRIX and other remote access issues.
4. Reviews, evaluates, recommends, and monitors computer security access.
5. Implements, monitors, and maintains all security access procedures as they apply to multi-system company-wide programs.
6. Validates security access annually.
7. Performs monthly security system access audits and reports results to management.
8. Performs monthly web security report compilation and initial analysis.
9. Provides daily support to both internal and external customers.
Perform other related assigned duties as necessary to complete the Primary Job Responsibilities as described above.
Position requires the completion of a bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field, and three years’ experience in information technology or information security . Security Plus, GSEC or other security related certification is preferred. Will accept any suitable combination of education, training, or experience.
Position requires basic knowledge of information security principles and practices; intermediate knowledge of Novell Netware or Active Directory, and Windows operating server systems; general knowledge of Unix, Linux, VPN systems, Oracle, SQL, Citrix, MS Access and PeopleSoft; ability to use active listening skills; effective verbal and written communication; basic knowledge of LDAP and E-directory preferred.
Contract length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Commission
Pay: $45.00 – $52.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Desktop administration: 5 years (Required)
- Linux/Unix: 3 years (Preferred)
- Citrix: 2 years (Preferred)
- LDAP: 3 years (Preferred)
- IT Security Licence(s) (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
About the Company
Company: Bitflow Innovative Group –
Company Location: Detroit, MI