Computer Systems Analyst Job at AUSTIN BOARD OF REALTORS HEADQUARTERS – in Austin, TX
Computer Systems Analyst
Position Summary: Conducting process reviews, configuring computer applications and processes, and performing vendor research to support the objectives of departments across the organization. These efforts create value for the company by significantly altering internal processes or bringing new technology to bear in important business activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performs necessary investigation, analysis, and evaluation to determine project feasibility; helps to develop project cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth including the development of alternative considerations leading to recommendations for new systems or product installations, or change to existing ones.
- Analyzes and designs system applications and enhancements to meet user’s needs.
- Assists in the development of programming and other standards; maintains a high level of technical expertise.
- Ensures systems meet design standards and guidelines and are sensitive to company’s performance needs.
- Communicates projects/tasks designs, schedules, and status to appropriate team, systems management, and users.
- Develops specifications for systems corrections, enhancements, and development projects.
- Develops general and detailed documentation describing system specifications and operating instructions.
- Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Analyzes designs, codes, tests, and debug programs to support business applications.
- Work closely with application vendor providers to ensure timely resolution of all technology related problems.
- Become an expert in core applications and provide user training.
- Assist IT staff with general support duties such as troubleshoot and resolve user reported problems with PCs, applications, printing, network connectivity and Internet access.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
Continuous Learning – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses. Pursues training and development opportunities. Seeks feedback to improve performance. Shares expertise with others. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Customer Service – Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
Planning & Organization -Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Problem Solving – Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies problems in a timely manner. Resolves problems in early stages. Works well in group problem solving situations.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities. Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views. Gives and welcomes feedback. Puts success of team above own interests.
Use of Technology – Adapts to new technologies. Demonstrates required skills. Keeps technical skills up to date. Troubleshoots technological problems. Uses technology to increase productivity.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related technical field; or 4 to 6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Read, analyze and interpret complex documents and effectively communicate with and address the needs of a non-technical audience. Respond effectively to sensitive inquiries. Make persuasive presentations on complex topics to management, peers and non-technical audiences.
Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Apply logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Deal with nonverbal symbolism (e.g., formulas and equations) in difficult phases. Deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of common Microsoft Server and Office 365 Applications.
- Knowledge of cloud-based applications and infrastructure such as Azure or AWS.
- Knowledge of APIs and microservices for integration and customization of business applications.
- Demonstrate knowledge of common programming languages such as SQL, XML, and more.
- Knowledge in data warehousing for business intelligence tools.
Certificates and Licenses:
Applicable certifications (Microsoft, Azure, Apple, API, etc.) would be a plus.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hybrid remote work option at the discretion of your supervisor.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Fully vaccinated staff are not required to wear masks when working in office but must do so when unable to maintain safe distancing. Members and visitors are encouraged to wear a mask and maintain social distancing if not fully vaccinated.
About the Company
Company: AUSTIN BOARD OF REALTORS HEADQUARTERS –
Company Location: Austin, TX