Computer Network Technician Job at Colt911 Solutions Inc. in Calgary, AB
Computer Network Technician
Colt911 Solutions is a computer consulting company that helps maintain and service multiple customer computers, networks and servers. We are a small company that provides all of our services onsite at customer’s locations.
The role of the Computer Network Technician is to ensure that the client’s business network and computer systems continue to run efficiently by providing routine and emergency administrative network support. Activities include maintaining end user connectivity to resources, data backup/recovery, remote access and security functions.
- Deploy and maintain workstations and servers
- Operating systems proficiency with MS Server, MS Exchange, VMware, Windows 7/10
- Managing and implementing Cloud based services (Office 365, Azure, AWS)
- Ensure reliability of server backup, data restoration and data recovery
- Identify and report system stability/security risks
- Maintenance and support of Microsoft technologies, including Active Directory, File, Print, DNS, DHCP, SQL and Exchange services
- User and group administration via Microsoft Active Directory and Unix LDAP.
- Securely deploy and maintain switches/routers/firewalls (Cisco, FortiNet, Dlink, Belkin, Juniper, Sonicwall) and troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Software updates and patch management of workstations and servers
- Support various third party and custom software
- Experience with a variety of mobile devices connecting to this mixed network for a variety of corporate services including, Android, iPhone, iPads, and more
- Maintenance and support of customer documentation, software licenses and asset inventory into asset management systems.
- Degree or diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of networking infrastructures, including LAN, WAN, VPN, etc.
- Effectively communicate both oral and written in English is a must.
- Must have own vehicle as job requires you to work in multiple locations all over the city
- Demonstrate ability to identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware/software/network issues
- Experience with client orientated customer service and support
- Proven ability to work well in a team and independently
- Ability to service internal and external users in a kind and courteous manor
- A efficient self-starter who can effectively multitask in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift and carry desktop, server or networking equipment
- Highly motivated, passionate about technology and eagerness to learn
- Willingness to work periodically after regular business hours to respond to emergencies or scheduled projects
- Familiar with Linux, Unix and MAC operating systems
- Functional administrative knowledge of SharePoint, Exchange, MS SQL and IIS
- Familiarity with email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird and Lotus Notes
- Must be available for evening and weekends on call support
- Familiarity with various scripting languages (PHP, HTML5, Java, C#, etc.)
- MCSE, VCP, CCNA, CISSP, and FCNSP certifications are considered assets
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
About the Company
Company: Colt911 Solutions Inc.
Company Location: Calgary, AB