CNC Machinist Jobs in Manchester – England – UK at United In Recruitment Ltd
Title: CNC Machinist
Company: United In Recruitment Ltd
Location: Manchester – England – UK
Type: Full Time
Category: IT/Tech, Manufacturing
My clients are a leading organisation for testing and certification of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). They have a dedicated Engineering team that manufactures related test equipment both commercially for sale and in support of our various test laboratories. The equipment can be for testing a wide range of PPE products including respirators, helmets, eye protection, fall protection etc.
We are seeking for them a machinist who will be responsible for the machining of components for bespoke laboratory test equipment. This would primarily be on a XYZ Proturn RLX
425 Lathe with some work on a Hurco VM1 4 axis Mill. This would include, programming, tool selection and day to day maintenance of machinery. During quiet periods you may be expected to also assist the workshop with some assembly tasks.
– Ensuring delivery according to strict deadlines.
– Producing components with a “right first time” culture and attitude to their work.
– Maintaining a clean, safe and tidy working environment.
– Identify opportunities which promote customer satisfaction and or process improvement
– Accurate reporting of machining process, issues and time taken.
– Able to demonstrate technical competence
– Strong technical competence and production methodology knowledge.
– Familiarity with XYZ Proturn Lathes.
– Familiarity with G/NC code
– Familiarity with Hurco WinMax controls
– Familiarity with CAM systems
– Familiarity with Master
– Mechanical assembly (use of hand tools including but not limited to pipe benders, files, taps)
– Use of power tools (band saw, drills)
– Understanding of technical/engineering drawings
– Use of computers (Word, Excel)
– Mechanical fabrication (sheet metal work)
– 9001 environment
Starting salary around £26k, maybe more for the right candidate
38.75 hours Monday to Friday – 10:30am to 7pm with 45 mins lunch.
Reasonable flexibility is required.
Holidays starting at 20 days, plus bank holidays.
Increasing to 25 days, plus bank holidays, after 5 years.
While my clients are putting their employee’s health and safety first following social distance guidelines and mandatory temperature checks, along with various sanitizing stations.There are no known Health & Safety risks know to the client
Please note that United In Recruitment can’t always respond to all applicants due to the high volume of CV’s received every day. Should you not receive a response within 2 working days please accept this as not been successful, and we wish you all the best in your job search. Your details will not be held, and we apologise that we are unable to contact everyone in person and thank you for your interest.