AWS ETL Developer Job at Guidehouse in Detroit, MI
Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.
As an AWS GLUE ETL developer, you will help lead the design and development and implementation of data extraction services for application development, analytics and machine learning. As an Amazon developer, you will help lead data extractions, transformations and load procedures including analysis of existing source systems and data sources, monitor ETL workflows. The candidate must be able to translate functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, design and extensible code. This includes providing technical and analytical guidance for enterprise architecture and implementing best practices in application systems development and network security.
The candidate should possess an ability to understand customer requirements and define application problems by conferring with clients, evaluating procedures and processes to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. This involves interfacing with all areas affected by the project including end users, computer services, and client services. Additional responsibilities include evaluating and testing software applications, compiling data and producing relevant reports.
Our professionals help our clients transform their business processes, improve internal controls, improve efficiency of operations, increase transparency and performance management, and to comply with Federal laws and regulations. The nature of our projects is extremely fluid and requires self-motivated individuals that are willing to develop solutions on their own or in a team of highly skilled professionals.
We expect our professionals to be innovative in designing the solutions and ability to work in multi-vendors environment.
The successful candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience in Amazon GLUE, experience extracting data from multiple sources, working with GLUE Studio. Experience working with AWS Elasticsearch, RDS, PostgreSQL. The candidate will provide oversight and be accountable for quality of services and deliverables. Candidate will also provide technical recommendations and support implementation into the system solution.
- Must possess strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experienced in debugging, diagnosing and trouble-shooting complex production code
- Lead in Analysis, Design, Development, and Implementation of integration services
- Understanding and experience with Agile methodology
- Experience with Python, AWS services such as Lambda, EMR, developing and maintaining data pipelines using AWS Cloudformation.
- Additional experience with SQL Server, Oracle Database and related ETL tools is preferred
- Collaborate with Testing, Training and Infrastructure teams
- Develop applications, interfaces and process flows
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Public Sector, state and local experience is a plus
- Experience and comfort with MS Excel and other MS Office products
- Aggregate and synthesize data from authoritative systems into metrics and analytics
- Ability to quickly comprehend complexity and convey findings in concise, well-written narratives
Holds a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
401(k) Retirement Plan
Basic Life & Supplemental Life
Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
Skills Development & Certifications
Employee Referral Program
Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Emergency Back-Up Childcare ProgramPosition may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive
About the Company
Company Location: Detroit, MI